Vision & Values
The aim of Summertree is to provide quality care for the people we support.
Some indicators of quality care include:
- Provide a home environment in which individuals feel safe, secure, comfortable and happy.
- Provide care and support in a way that is viewed by the consumer as compassionate and caring.
- Provide home environments that are clean and well maintained.
- Operate homes that adhere to the standards of contract agencies, state licensing, and accreditation.
- Integrate those we serve into the mainstream of the community.
- Maintain a standard of excellence.
- Be the most sought after provider by consumers and guardians.
- Have a reputation of being a “top quality” organization.
- Meet the dynamic needs of the individuals in settings that are best for them.
- Be viewed as a leader in the field.
- Strive for continuous quality improvement.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for consumer interaction and integration into the communities in which they reside.
- Use creative resources to overcome obstacles and barriers (i.e. dwindling state financial resources, increased operating costs, scarce employee pool, etc.)
- Treat all stakeholders (consumers, staff, parents, guardians, venders, associates and colleagues) with dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Believe that all consumers have strengths.
- Value the critical importance of direct support staff.
- Maintain high moral standards.
- Encourage trust and honesty throughout the organization.
- Provide needed staff orientation and training that is comprehensive, useful and appropriate.